Saturday, October 23, 2010

Long time, no blog!

Been a while since I last checked in.  I started a new job, and the fall semester has started.  Been pretty busy.  Today, however, I actually got some sawdust time in the garage.  The Cub Scouts will be working on Pinewood Derby cars pretty soon.  January, I think.  I had an idea for a car, so I was playing around with it in the shop, today.  I need to get an actual Derby kit, but I was making the prototype today.  I'm not sure the idea will work.  Looks good so far, but the question is whether or not it will roll once the wheels are installed, and how I am going to get wheels on this thing, in the first place.  I'll have to take some pictures of the progress.  It will be cool if it works.  I plan on challenging the other Den Leaders in the Derby.  No medals, no trophies, just glory and bragging rights.