Thursday, January 8, 2009

Episode 14: Ed To the Lake: I Will Crush You...or squish you, or whatever...

We had a couple of rainy days, this week. Lake Eduard has made an attempt to re-establish it's dominance over the landscape of my backyard- a land I call... Desolation. I banished the lake when I got home from work yesterday afternoon, however Mother Nature decided to lend Lake E. a hand and dumped some more rain on us. As I returned home today, under the brilliant light of a bright and sunny day, I was greeted once again by many waters, which I have to admit were crystal clear and would have been quite beautiful if not surrounded by a half-demolished patio and two rather large piles of wet dirt. As pleasant as it appeared, the pump was sent into action and the waters were once again parted.

Just ignore the wheelbarrow and the overturned Christmas tree. I have framed in and re-sheathed the back wall of the laundry room. No more doorway! I will be installing new siding to that entire section once the window has been installed. The plumbing you see will be covered up when I pour new concrete into the foundation and then the new patio will be laid over the rest, after some gravel and sand have been applied.

Here is the inside of the new laundry room, minus the old doorway. It is in it's temporary setup, right now. Behind the washer is the frame for the new window. I'll cut that out when the window is ready to be installed.

I have also re-poured the concrete in the kitchen, so there is a floor in there once again. I haven't taken a picture of that, yet. I will probably do that tomorrow once I have the plumbing completed in there.

3 comments:

Lildonbro said...

Moving right along :) And what does Meg have to say about all of this?

Ed Donbrosky said...

Meg seems to have caught a cold. She managed to turn on the water valve to the toilet (which has been removed in order to replace the drain) and got soaked. I don't know how long she was getting rained on, but when I got home from work it was raining in the bathroom. So she hasn't had a whole lot to say.

Joanna & Ben said...

sounds like meg is a trouble maker, but she got hers. can't wait to see it when everything is done. Good work! by the way, in order to post my comment the computer is making me type a very rude remark for my word verification....'damet' I don't pick them, man.