Thursday, December 17, 2009

Snowflakes

Friday ended with the start of the big snow. We walked into Wal-Mart and when we came out, it was snowing something fierce. It was already accumulating. I called Heather at her office to tell her to be careful while driving home, and they didn't have a single flake down there. Snowflakes, I mean.

We got home and I went outside to take a couple of pictures. I looked back at the dining room and both dogs were sitting there watching the snow come down. I tried to take a picture, however it came out looking a little ominous. Take a look:



You can barely make out the outlines of the dogs, but those eyes are just glowing between the snowflakes. If I were out alone in the woods at night, the sight of those eyes would just creep me out.

Meg doesn't like the snow very much. I guess it's a little cold for her old bones. Abby, on the other hand, really got into it. She was rolling in it, licking it, burying herself in it. She wouldn't come inside, either.



This is what we woke up to on Saturday morning.



While we spent much of the day inside the house, Abby was trying to scam Emily out of her crackers. Oh, it looked like she was just trying to snuggle, but if you watched closely, you could see the true object of her attention.







Due to the weather, there was no home improvement going on, rather home excavation. I shoveled some snow away from the garage door, uncovered the heat pump, and helped the girls try to get a sled path going. I started out to the driveway to dig out the cars, but took a look and decided we weren't going anywhere today.



I look like a ticked off mafia lawyer on vacation. I knew I gained some weight, but MAN!

Ok. Lot's of time on my hands, this weekend. I was looking through some of my old stuff from Paymentech. I used to write obituaries for people when they left the company. I did find one classic that might be enjoyed by all, since it was for the fax machine. Here it is:

3 comments:

Joanna & Ben said...

those eyes are a tad creepy. I loved the snow, the boys loved, love love love...I hope we have another storm soon.

Lildonbro said...

She's totally after the cracker!!!

That obit is too funny for words! Ed...you are so funny, my funny, funny brother.

AuntKatween said...

Cute pics. Yeah, I think Abby wanted that cracker. As a dog owner, she can't fool me!