Monday, January 18, 2010

"What About the R.O.U.S.'s? Rodent's Of Unusual Size? I don't think they exist..."

Anyone ever seen The Princess Bride? If so, then perhaps you can understand my predicament. I spent most of Monday cleaning out the garage. I discovered that a rodent had eaten most of our inflatable pool. This is a 12 foot diameter pool. It was stored in the garage, and I noticed little shredded blue and white pieces all over the floor under it's storage space. I pulled it out and huge holes had been chewed through it. I knew immediately that the resident rat had done me wrong.


I had seen the little beast a few times before, usually at night when I went into the garage and flipped on the light. I've only seen the tail side of him as he ducked under some cabinets at the back of the garage, but it was enough to know that this was no mouse, or even a small rat. This thing is at least the size of a Chihuahua. Maybe it's a trick of the lighting, but I'm pretty certain that it could take a cat in a karate match.



This has definitely put a damper on my mood. Until now I had hoped that the rodent and I could peacefully coexist. It's not like I wanted to exchange Christmas cards with him, or anything like that, but I would've liked to have gotten another summer's use out of that pool. There's a line you can't cross, and he went and crossed it. Now I have to take him out. This week I'll need to research methods of extermination. I found the following T-shirt online:



I might need to get one of these after the conclusion of this operation.

1 comment:

Lildonbro said...

I think the shirt is necessary now...strike fear into the heart of the oversized rat and any other rat that may try to follow in it's footsteps.

Word verifivation - Mismanic...can that be my new nickname?