Saturday, April 16, 2011

Rain

It just isn't right.  We've had such beautiful weather the past three days, and when I finally get to Saturday it rains.  At least I got the front yard mowed last night.  I was going to do the back, but the pollen was really bad.  Once the lawn mower kicked it all up my eyes were itching and I was all stuffed up.  I don't have allergies, but I think when the stuff gets that bad it's rough on everyone. 

I was doing a little work in the garage.  Couldn't do what I wanted to do, which was to throw more drywall on the rest of the walls.  Unfortunately, because the garage is so crowded with junk I would have to move all of the stuff from that side to the other.  That involves moving some things out into the driveway to get them out of the way, but rain hinders that operation.

I did manage to get in the yard and weed the front flower bed, and plant a new rosebush to replace the one that died last year.  It looks better, but I need some more mulch.


It rained so much today that Loch Mess rose from it's subterranean lair to menace the dogs' entry and exit from our house.  Thing 1 and Thing 2 managed all right, though.  When the weather cleared I activiated the sump and it's all drained, now.

I did some work on a house way out toward Columbia, this week.  Replaced some rotted boards on the front porch.  I don't have the after shot.  The barn looked like something we used to make charcoal and pencil drawings of back in art class.
Anyway, I hope everyone has a happy Easter.  Watch out for the Bunnies!  ( see video)

1 comment:

Lildonbro said...

Yeah, that rain was crazy! I was going to mow my front lawn but it was pouring down. I wasn't too upset because I didn't actually want to do it anyway. I will try this afternoon.

Lock Mess :) I love it.