Saturday, March 19, 2011

Bark Wars

Today I finally finished replacing Ben and Joanna's new stair rail.  There's still some trimwork to be finished up that I will hit tomorrow.  I have never installed a rail with newel posts and balusters, before.  Not a nice one, anyway.   I have done deck rails, but this one was for the inside of the house. With lots of technical advice from Dad we finally finished it.  I think I need a couple more of those under my belt before I feel like I know what I'm doing. 

I know I complain about my dogs, Abbey wan Kenobe and Chewbarka.  I've got so many names for those two I just don't know which ones to use in a given conversation.  I know only this:  I will most likely never use their real names.   Anyway, my dogs seem quite introverted and quiet compared to the pack that resides next to Ben and Jo.   Every time anyone nears the property line they go off, like some really bad alarm system.  Makes me appreciate my dogs a little more.  Then there was that pit bull in the yard next to a house I worked on last week.  That thing was mean.  Every time I went through the back gate I was hugging the side of the house when that thing tried to jump over the fence and get me.  He got so close one time he slobbered on my arm.  I wasn't afraid of him-  my hammer was on my belt, so I was pretty confident that if he got a hold of me the encounter would end pretty quickly.  I just wasn't in any hurry to get bit.

Well, I'm about to head back to bed.  I just woke up a little while ago and we had a sudden storm hit.  For a moment I thought we were in the path of a tornado, it was suddenly so windy and loud.  It wasn't normal.  I was just up trying to see if there was any weather news out of the ordinary.  The wind has died down, now.  That just such a sudden and powerful and loud incident I was ready to grab the family and toss them in a closet.  Makes me realize that I have no interior rooms or hallways that can be closed off.  Fortunately, the wind passed and quieted down, so I guess I was just paranoid.  Anyway, Good Night!

1 comment:

Lildonbro said...

The dogs next to Jo and Ben's ARE annoying!! One of the first nights that I "lived" with Jo the dogs barked for hours, until about midnight or so. Then they picked up sometime again in the early hours of the morning.

P.S. if I had stairs, I'd let you replace my banister just so you could get more experience :)