Saturday, March 12, 2011

Noticeable Progress

Got a lot done, today.  The workbench area is taking shape.  Got the cabinets mounted and the top installed.  I might have enough wood to make another cabinet, but there will be a delay in the final assembly, since I will need to buy more wood and that won't be happening for a while.  You can sort of get an idea of what it will look like.  Above the bench section I did today I want to put a pegboard cabinet, which I might have enough to build.  I already have several sheets of pegboard in the garage, but I don't know if it will work.  I'll get to that later. 

The benchtop tool tower.  There will be slots on the insides to hold some of my bench tools when I'm not using them.
The base cabinets and tool tower in place.
Another shot all the way down to the corner. There is one other base component I want to make and put in between the cabinets you see here, but it's not critical.  I'll probably be working on shelves and doors next week, if I have enough wood for all of it.
One of the wall cabinets.  I made the tool tower to be 72 inches high, forgetting that I raised the height of the overall workstation to accomodate the pegboard cabinet I want to build.  So I'll need to add a little to the top of that cabinet when I add the cap to the whole thing. 
Final shot of the bench as it is right now.  I was doing a little more skimming of the drywall so I can paint it soon.  It's getting warm enough to do that, now.  The cabinets will be painted, too, but I haven't quite settled on a color, yet.  I'm thinking Rustoleum Black Hammered finish.  The benchtop will just get a coat of polyurethane.

The garage is slowly getting less aggravating.  Still has a long way to go, but I don't feel so disgusted when I walk in there, anymore. 

Want a laugh?  Check out the video below.

2 comments:

Joanna & Ben said...

nice, Ben would love to have that!

Lildonbro said...

Looking good!

You are so "Crafty" and I mean that in the manliest way possible. I wish I had five of you to work around my house :)