Thursday, December 11, 2008

Episode 9: Blame It on the Rain (or; Who Will Stop the Rain?

I am having a tough time deciding on the soundtrack for this episode. "Blame it on the Rain", by Millie Vanilli came to mind , followed closely by "Who Will Stop the Rain" (Asia), and "Here Comes the Rain Again" (Eurythmics) in third. I had pumped the water out of Lake Eduard on Tuesday evening, but the Rain struck again the next evening. It rained all day today. The lake (soon to be re-christened "Loch Mess") quickly overcame it's shores and engulfed several small towns. When I opened the door this morning, Project Manager Meggie leapt from the door, but soon realized the greatness of her error. She then leapt back into the house, having executed a flawless Scooby-Doo scramble across the surface of the water, barely getting her paws wet (Meggie-Meggie-Roooooo!!).
These are the views that greeted me when I got home from work. The pictures just don't do it justice. Needless to say, I didn't get much done, this afternoon. I couldn't even get out the back door without the use of a floatation device. No, I have not bought any more bubble gum.

That depression you see in the upper right hand of the picture is where a pool was once located. That is full of water, as well. Below you can see one of my walk boards floating in the water. It's about 10 inches deep in the center of the lake. There was a lot of concrete down there.

I have spent much of the evening revisting the meditation pond plan. Some koi, a few waterlillies, and a fountain...It could be a right relaxing little spot. The good news is that when the rain stops, I have a pump ready. The other night I dug out a pit in the lake and sunk a bucket to use as a sump well. It worked great the first time, so as soon as it clears up I'll be able to pump out the water-- again.
This should be the end of any water restrictions in the area.

1 comment:

Lildonbro said...

I think you should keep it for the summer and fill it up with water, I'll come over for a swim :)