Monday, November 10, 2008

Episode 1: The Calm Before the Storm

Today I was actually out skimming some drywall with my right hand. It wasn't a big job, but it was a good test of how my hand was doing three weeks after the surgery. It didn't hurt much, although it did get tired. I still have until next Monday before the stitches come out of my left hand. I think that tomorrow I will start moving stuff out of the kitchen so I can get to work on the demo. I hope to have the cabinets pulled out this weekend.




Here is the tile we picked for the kitchen floor. It is 18x18 natural stone. We found a pretty good deal on it.










Here is the granite counter top we selected.




Below is the cabinet we picked. They are cherry with a chocolate glaze. We will have under cabinet lighting and a light color granite counter top.


Here are some views of the planned kitchen layout.


This is the inside wall of the kitchen, looking towards the living room and dining room. There is a pantry cabinet currently in the refrigerator space, and the stove is where the pull out pot drawers will be.






This is the outside wall looking into the back yard. The refrigerator is currently by the sliding doors to the patio, and the washer and dryer are next to that and under the window. There currently are no cabinets on this wall. I like how they made the view of the back yard look so nice. In reality, this view is and will always be occupied by the EdCave.

This is another view of the back wall and corner. The washer and dryer are currently under the window, while the sink is where the Stove/oven will be located.







This is the inside corner showing where the stove will be. There are the pot drawers where the stove is currently located.


Here are some more recent views of the destruction that has been visited upon my back yard. The level of Lake Eduard has lowered as a result of the decrease in rainfall. I was about to install a fishing platform.
















I can't wait to have full use of my hands so this work can proceed forth in earnest. I want Heather to love her kitchen! Her love of the kitchen will lead to her spending more time within it's confines. More time in the kitchen means a desire to bake again! A desire to bake again means Chocolate chip cookies! I must have chocolate chip cookies!!!

I am one motivated dude.

2 comments:

Lildonbro said...

Ha-ha you are so funny. If you want chocolate chip cookies so badly I'll whip some temporary ones up for you. I don't want you hurting your wrist or anything.

I have to say, I'm jealous of the future Donbrosky kitchen, it looks fabulous!

Martha said...

Shoot! I was going to offer my chocolate chip cookies, but Jess beat me to it!