Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Episode 4: Talk to the Hand

"Ed!! Your dog has dandruff!!!" No, that's not dandruff, that's just the first snow flurry of the year for our area.

We had several scattered snow showers today, with the heaviest snow in the early afternoon. The ground really isn't cold enough to hold any snow, right now. Not to mention that each time the sun came back out it would all melt off of the cars and patio furniture.


I had the stitches taken out of my hand on Monday, and I've been given the all clear to go back to work on Wednesday. I've been warned to use common sense and not push my left hand too much, so I don't tear the scar back open. I have promised that I won't be doing any more bleeding anytime soon. My injury quota for 2008 has been met.

I tried to catch one of the heavier flurries from this afternoon. You can see some of the snow. Ignore the pile of cabinets that have been ripped out of the kitchen. They've all been busted up and tossed in the dumpster, now.

Here is the picture that Heather took on Sunday night before I started to pull down the cabinets. I started with the top bank of cabinets first, then the lower.
Here's the view after the doors have been removed from the upper cabinets.

The last of the upper cabinets to resist removal. It refused to come out in one piece, so I took it out in several pieces.

The base cabinets are in the process of being removed. You can see spots where there has been either wallpaper, brick veneer, or formica backsplash over the years. Leaning away from the wall is the latest attempt to cover over the old walls. It looks like the last renovation had laminated the wall with 1/4 inch drywall.

The cabinets are all out, now. Check out the plumbing nightmare where the sink used to be. We won't be having any of that mess when I'm done.

Here is the kitchen at the end of the day. I have started to tear down the drywall. This all has to be removed to make it easier to run the new electrical lines and plumbing, and to deal with some water damage from previous years.

3 comments:

Donbrosky's said...

Go Ed!!!!! You are amazing!!!!

Lildonbro said...

Heather said I'm allowed to make you cookies...what kind would you like? My cookies resume includes chocolate chip, oatmeal (with raisins, chocolate chips, or butterscotch chips), gingersnaps, snickerdoodles, peanut butter, etc.

I also make some mean brownies with chocolate-peanut butter krispy treats on top (I've never had them but I hear they are good).

Whateva you like we do fo you. (sorry, you've probably never seen that clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsWrY77o77o)

Ed Donbrosky said...

ooohh...oh gosh! I'd have to say...oh...the oatmeal with butterscotch chips sounds terrific!