Saturday, November 15, 2008

Episode 3: Man Overboard!!

It's been a wet couple of days. We had some rain on Thursday and Friday, but early this morning the heavens opened with a vengeance. I stepped out the back door this morning only to find myself at the mercy of Lake Eduard. I surely would have perished, had I not been able to fashion a floatation device out of bubble gum and safely make my way to shore.




With Lake Eduard at record levels, the only thing I could do was go fishing.






Surprise!! I caught something!!! Wow!!!








We've got all of the cabinets emptied out. I was going to pull out some cabinets today, but it appears that I'm going to have to either build a bridge across the lake or get a pump to drain it.

The displacement phase of renovation is my least favorite part. Everything is in boxes and stacked up everywhere because it has nowhere to go. At least when the kitchen is done there will be a home for everything.

I need a towel.