Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Episode 2: That Sinking Feeling...

Oh yeah. I am so ready to tear out this kitchen. I've been attempting to wash the dishes, but it seems to be leaking. The darned sink started leaking sometime last year. I have re-sealed the drain on it several times, but it always started leaking again. A few months ago I pulled the whole sink out, removed the drains, cleaned and re-sealed them and put everything back together with new gaskets and all. That bought us a few months. Last week it started leaking again. I've been doing dishes today and all of the water is leaking out into a bucket I have underneath the sink. I'm all hopped up on Super Bubble bubble gum because I've chewed probably 80 pieces of it, today. I blame it all on the post Halloween 50, 75, and 92.533 percent off candy sales. I made the mistake of buying a couple of bags of the stuff because I like to chew it when I work. Today I started chewing and just couldn't stop. In fact, I'm chewing the stuff now. I no longer blow bubbles, though. I just like the taste. Blowing bubbles while you work is never a good idea. Gum is prone to attract things like- oh, let's see... Sawdust, drywall dust, and all manner of dusts. And small insects. I don't care if they are a source of protein. They're nasty. I know, you don't have to tell me... I know.

I have been doing dishes and preparing for the switch to paper and plasticware when I pull out the cabinets, counters, and yes- the sink. I'll be setting up a temporary kitchen in the family room. We'll have to live off microwave cuisine for a little while. That should be interesting. It will be worth it to have the kitchen all finished.

Excuse me, but I have to get back to work. Besides, this piece of gum has lost it's flavor. It's a good thing I still have another bag left.

No comments: