Friday, April 17, 2009

In Search of the Laundry Room

Today I started working (really working) on the laundry room. I began running the water lines to their final positions. I have the window installed. It needs a little tweaking before I fasten it permanently. I had started running the water lines (all CPVC and CPVC cement) and started to feel a little wierd. In a moment of clarity I decided that I needed to go ahead and install the window to facilitate better ventilation. That helped a lot.
This is the laundry room as it has looked for the past 4 months, or so. Below is the laundry room pretty much as it looks right now. What is not in the picture is the framed in chase above the window. The chase will hide the plumbing, and I'll be able to put cut off valves in for the water lines. It also solves the issue of the waste vents, since it will enable me to run the vent to the roof without drilling any large holes in the top plate of the wall.
The washer and dryer will be stacked in the right corner of the room, and the rest of that wall will be counter space, a sink and some cabinets. I didn't get as far on the plumbing as I wanted. I ran out of CPVC, and had to go pick up some more. It was 9pm before I knew it. I try to not do any noisy stuff after 9pm so my family and the neighbors can sleep. I hope to have all of the plumbing completed tomorrow. I'd like to hang drywall tomorrow, but that will depend on how quickly I can get all of my other chores done.

2 comments:

Lildonbro said...

How far did you get!?!?

P.S. it was good seeing you on Saturday, I feel like it's been a while.

Ed Donbrosky said...

Not very far. In fact, on Saturday I didn't do anything else on the laundry room. I was planting trees, and then I had to mow the lawn.

P.S. It was good seeing you, too. I need to get out, more. I just get so preoccupied with this house.