Sunday, April 12, 2009

The Phantom Menace

The bathroom side of the Megginator Tunnel has officially been closed. The bathroom turned out to be more work than I planned. I had cut a hole in the drywall to put in blocking to support the accessories and found a lower form of life lurking within. I pulled out some more of the wall and it was covered in mold. I ended up pulling out about half of the drywall and treating the framing for mold. Good thing drywall is only 6.95 a sheet. I wasn't planning on that expense. It's all back up, now. I don't have any really good pictures, since the room is really small and it's hard to get a good shot.



The recent rain has given new life to Loch Mess. I just can't seem to get rid of that thing. I ran the pump for most of the day, yesterday. During the last big rain I was just watching the water run from the neighbor's yard, across the driveway and into the Loch. Every once in a while one can spot the elusive beast that inhabits the Loch- wait a minute... that's just Meg. False alarm. I didn't know she was such a graceful swimmer.


The bathroom is pretty much done. There are a few details to work on, like some caulking and some spots on the wall that will need to be patched, but it is otherwise complete. I think that further down the road I will need to pull off that fiberglass tub surround and tile the whole tub area.

That will not be happening this year.

1 comment:

Lildonbro said...

Meg, the Loch Mess Monster!!!

HAHA! Good post!